Wednesday 10 March 2010

Wall Candy


 I have  four curtains in this crazy psychedelic mushroom landscape fabric and have been waiting till I live somewhere with the right sized windows (or get a camper van) to use them. Unless I move into a static caravan (or can afford a camper van) they are never going to fit any other window. So I have stretched one of them over a canvas using my new staple gun...........................


........staple guns are amazing! I got pretty staple happy and also recovered this little stool in the hallway. I had planned to do  before and after photos of this stool I picked up in a charity shop, but forgot to take the before picture because I'm stupid, so just imagine it all dirty with a crappy brown stained velour fabric on before it became this!......


....Staple gun aside, I got the hammer out and put up a few other things on the walls.............



......I got this cuckoo clock in a charity shop years ago and never really got round to displaying it properly, now it has pride of place on the wall in the lounge.The cuckoo still 'cuckoos'', which was fun at first but at 3am I couldn't take being woken by it every hour anymore, so had to remove the separate cuckoo batteries. It makes me a bit sad it's now silent but sleep is very important to me!


Finally I put Tina up, who came from a carboot and is a bit battered, but I love her. Every 'trendy' bar in sheffield seems to have one of these now. I don't care. I got her years ago because I liked it not because It has suddenly become cool to own one for it's novelty value, so there!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails